We have had an amazing response to our monthly questionnaires and wanted to say THANK YOU to all the families participating.
We’ll send the email out once per month and if your child hasn’t had any episodes of noisy breathing/whistling then should only take about 1 minute to complete the two questions. There are a few extra questions if your baby has been wheezing. If for any reason you are unable to complete a survey, don’t worry, that’s okay! The next time you get a chance to reply, simply answer based on what’s happened since the last time you were able to answer. If you can’t remember when you last completed the questions, you are welcome to email the study manager and she’ll look it up and let you know.
Links to the questionnaire are sent in email via automated software; with over 800 families already participating (on our way to 1,000) there is no way we can send individual, personal emails each month. We realize that in some cases the emails are getting filtered out by really good “junk mail” detectors. We really want to ensure that everyone who wants to be participating is getting the opportunity to do so!
If you haven’t seen an email from us recently, please check your spam/junk email folders as we are finding that many times our email has been rerouted there. The email address the surveys are sent from looks like this: Breathing Together firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are instructions for adding us as a “Safe Sender” so that future emails are able to get to you.
- Add the From address you want to receive mailings from to your Hotmail Safe List:
- Open your mailbox and click “Options” (upper right hand corner).
- Click the “Junk E-Mail Protection” link.
- Select the “Safe List” link.
- Copy and paste email@example.com into the dialog box titled “Type an address or domain”.
- Click the “Add” button next to the dialog box.
If the mailing is in your “Junk E-Mail Folder”, open the email and click the “Not Junk” button.
You should also check that the mailing’s email address is not in your Blocked Senders list. You can find your Blocked Senders list by following the directions above and going to “Blocked Senders List” instead of “Safe List”. If you see the mailing’s from address on this list, select it and click the Remove button.
To add an email address to your safe senders list using the Outlook.com user interface, follow the steps below:
- In your Outlook inbox, click the gear icon beside your Profile name.
- Click Mail more settings.
- Under Preventing Junk email, click Safe and blocked senders.
- On the Safe and blocked senders page, click Safe senders.
- On theSafe senders page, under Sender or domain to mark as safe, enter the senders email address, firstname.lastname@example.org then click “Add to list”.
There is also the option to receive the monthly questionnaire by text. This can be either a link to the questionnaire on the web OR answering the questions by text message response. Please contact the study manager by email or phone 020 7594 6857 if you’d prefer to participate by either text message option (or for any other questions).